Friday, April 11, 2008

post-fritch

**Amy, I will always check your blog first. I refuse to take the time to change my hyperlinks and you are my "destination blog"; I go to yours to get to everybody else’s. I'm flying Delta in this blog world and you are Atlanta. I gotta go there to go anywhere!**


Mark is in the blog-o-sphere, and after reading his post about history and the lessons that come with it, I started thinking. At church last Sunday (I've started going to Buckhead Church for now; that's another blog) the pastor challenged everybody by asking this question:


"Where do you see yourself at age 40?”


He went on to say that the answer to this can be boiled down to two answers:


1. I want to have _____________ (a high paying job, a wife/husband, kids, a house, etc).


2. I want to be _______________ (a kingdom minded boss, a devoted and God fearing husband/father, etc).


I'm prone to answer it like #1, but I want to be able to answer like #2. So I've decided to do a character study on somebody who, from what I've found out so far, lived #2. I started reading 1776 by David McCullough, who also contributed a great amount to the HBO series John Adams (which is awesome!). I'll keep you updated on my findings.




4 comments:

AmyFritch said...

Matt! Such devotion! Such encouragement! Nothing makes me feel more important and loved than being Hartsfield. No kidding.
You da best, Matt. Thanks for the shout out.

AnnieBlogs said...

I was at the same service. Maybe we should discuss this. :) I loved that sermon- thought Jeff was really good.

Chip B said...

What do those of us who are 40 do? What questions do we ask ourselves? Do we do a retrospect, or push it out another 20?

carolineb said...

You should just come over and watch Mike.